What is ZFer
ZFer is file-transfer optimized for the LAN. It uses a custom protocol that allows data to be transferred at full speed over the network.
Not happy with your gigabit network?
ZFer will give you the performance you need.
Your network is no longer the bottle-neck. Your hard-disk is!
- File transfers approaching 98% of network bandwidth
- Congestion control algorithm to play nice with other transfers on the network.
- No configuration necessary. Uses Apple's Bonjour to find other computers on the network
- Supports IP based access control
Peak performance tests were conducted between 2 Desktop PCs with 7200rpm drives and a 1GB file.
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- .NET 3.5 SP1
- Bonjour for Windows by Apple
Linux and MacOSX versions